The Living Yoga Course is a beautiful opportunity for those of you – having completed a Yoga Scotland Foundation Course or equivalent course – who would like to continue to develop and deepen your study of yoga and personal practice but who don’t yet wish to go on to teacher training. This course builds on previous learning and provides the perfect opportunity to go deeper into your practice, asking questions and engaging in discussion.
The course is also open to teachers who wish to refresh and renew their own personal practice.
The next Living Yoga Courses start September 2022 in Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- You must have already completed a Yoga Scotland Foundation Course or equivalent course.
- Continue to attend regular classes with a recognised teacher.
60 hours, comprising of ten days (mostly Saturdays) of six hours each. Please see below for dates and venues.
The cost of the Living Yoga Course is £595. A deposit of £120 is payable on acceptance to the course and payment by instalments is available. All monies paid are non-refundable.
Bursaries are available subject to certain criteria, including low waged or in receipt of certain benefits. Students can request a bursary application form on being accepted on the course.
For more information, please contact us.
How To Apply
Download our forms and prospectus from further down on this page. Please complete these and submit by Fri 15 July 2022.
If you have any questions about the course or applying please contact the Training Administrator.
At the end of the course, you will have a more integrated understanding of the different aspects of yoga, be able to plan your personal yoga practice, have a deeper understanding of a selection of classic yoga texts and be able to apply your understanding of yoga philosophy to daily life.
To this aim, you will:
- Develop a daily practice of 30–45 minutes.
- Learn the benefits of keeping a daily practice diary, including reflection on yoga’s impact on your life.
- Read and study essential yoga texts (approximately 4 hours per month)
- Understand and apply principles of foundation, alignment and breathing in postures.
- Practise a range of asana and appreciate asana as a process rather than a goal.
- Recognise the value of both static and flow-based approaches to asana.
- Practise a range of natural breathing and pranayama techniques.
- Practise mudra and bandha.
- Practise a range of relaxation techniques.
- Practise a range of concentration/meditation techniques.
- Understand the use of sound in yoga including chanting a variety of mantra.
- Understand the use of kriya and have practical experience of some of them.
- Understand basic anatomy, physiology and kinesiology in relation to yoga practice.
- Understand pranic or subtle anatomy in relation to yoga.
- Understand the basic precepts of yoga philosophy.
Glasgow Living Yoga 2022-23
In the Moment (TBC)
72 Berkeley St, Glasgow G3 7DS
2022/23 course dates:
Edinburgh Living Yoga 2022-23
G25, Edinburgh Palette, 151 London Road, EH7 6AE
Marjory Watt - Edinburgh Living Yoga
Marjory has been a keen and passionate practitioner of yoga for over fifty years and began teaching in the early 1980’s. Marjory completed her training as a yoga teacher with Yoga Scotland (formerly SYTA) in 1985 and has taught yoga and meditation for the most part consistently ever since. Marjory has been fortunate to have the opportunity of teaching an extensive range of yoga students and within a huge variety of settings.
Most of Marjory’s yoga application has involved teaching weekly classes, running courses for yoga Scotland, many years as an OETP assessor, individual 1:1 work, running her own yoga and meditation workshops, delivering CPD master classes for a variety of organisations, delivering CPD days for School teachers and NHS staff and delivering OGT days for Yoga Scotland.
Marjory became a tutor on Yoga Scotland’s Glasgow Foundation Course in 2007 before becoming the Living Yoga Course Tutor in 2012 at Polmont. Teaching on these courses has been a privilege and a wonderful experience for her. It has given her the opportunity and fulfilment of working with the most amazing students and being able to accompany them along their unfolding paths with their increasing refined self awareness and deepened connection on every level.
Marjory’s teaching approach is down to earth and with a sense of humour. Marjory aims to cultivate a safe and supportive environment in which students can relax as they learn and explore.
Of all the aspects of yoga Marjory’s main fascination and study has always been with the breath and corresponding psychological aspects of it, this and a deep study of the subtle body and energetic systems. More recently Marjory has become captivated and intrigued by the expansion, essence and expression of the soul.
Glasgow Living Yoga
Edinburgh Living Yoga
An Edinburgh course will be delivered if there is enough interest.
The prospectus is the same as the Glasgow Living Yoga course.
Dates and venue are TBC. Please email for details: email@example.com